Are you planning to travel to Tulum, Mexico?
Whether you’re joining us for a boudoir photo shoot or taking a trip for your wedding, birthday, or just because, you won’t run out of things to do in Tulum.
Tulum is a place that will make you fall in love with its boho chic culture from day 1- but it offers so much more than that. No matter what you’re looking for, you’re bound to find it in Tulum.
And to help you in planning your trip, we’ve put together this list of 21 amazing things to see and do in Tulum, Mexico. Let’s dive in….
1. Enjoy a jungle temazcal ceremony – Experience a traditional Mayan sweat lodge at Huaya Camp and be guided through a spiritual purification ritual.
2. Visit a local mezcaleria – Head to Mezcaleria La Fundacion and sample some of their artisanal mezcal while learning about the production process.
3. Take a break from the beach clubs and explore the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve – Join a guided tour with Sian Ka’an Community Tours to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. But definitely visit a beach club; My favorite hotel beach clubs are here.
5. Cenote hop! Cenotes are one of the top things to do in and around Tulum. You’ll never run out of cenotes to visit and each one is completely different from the next. Here are my top recommendations for cenotes.
6. Take a sound healing workshop – Experience the healing power of sound with a workshop at Holistika Tulum, where you’ll participate in a sound bath and learn about the benefits of sound therapy.
7. Visit neighboring town Marcario Gomez for artisanal crafts for sale at lower rates than what you’ll find in Tulum.
8. Visit the Mystika Museum – Explore the interactive and immersive exhibits at this museum inspired by the landscape photography of Pepe Soho.
9. Visit a cenote club like Vessica for beach club vibes without the sand and sargasso.
10. Take a beach yoga class – Start your day with a yoga class at Ikal, where you can practice yoga on the beach with stunning ocean views.
11. Grab an ice cream at Panna e Cioccolato and explore the Tulum Art Walk – Stroll down the pedestrian-only street of Calle Centauro Sur and admire the vibrant street art and local shops.
12. Visit a local beekeeper – Learn about the importance of bees and honey production at Melipona Maya, a local bee farm and honey store just outside of Tulum.
13. Swim in Kaan Luum cenote (more like a crystal clear lake-stunning!)
14. While you’re at Kaan Luum, try stand-up paddleboarding.
15. Eat ceviche like a local at popular El Camello in Tulum town.
16. Visit Xcacel beach to escape the crowds and music. Also has one of the prettiest jungle beach walks I’ve ever seen. (truthfully I come here just for the walk alone)
17. Try a breathwork class at Nomade.
18. Visit the rooftop at Hotelito Azul for sunset happy hour and pool time.
19. Tour SFER Ik museum in Francisco Uh-May, a one of a kind architectural gem that celebrates nature and artwork coming together.
20. Enjoy Tulum’s best chilaquiles at Holistika’s garden restaurant Tierra and then take the art walk in the nearby jungle.
21. Take a bachata lesson on Saturdays at Palma Central (Tulum’s best food truck park) and then stay and practice your dance moves to a live band.
Questions about our 21 things to do in Tulum? Drop them in the comments below. We’re happy to answer them.
Do you want to do a boudoir photo shoot in Tulum at our private cenote? Our boudoir sessions in Tulum are normally the highlight of our clients’ whole vacation!
Reach out to learn more and schedule a phone consultation.